Wednesday, July 29, 2009

as I get older...

I care less about the things I used to. But at the same time, I care more about the things I didn't before.

I don't care if people don't like me if it means I have to like them. I don't care if it rains and my hair gets wet and frizzy. I don't care if a friend doesn't call when she says she would or if I break a nail and lose the back of an earring.

I do care if I offend someone without meaning to. I do care that I forgot to tell my mum that I love her too in response to her 'I love you'. I also do care if I don't say everything I wanted to say to someone - be they a friend, a family member or a foe.

I am only 32. I will be here again (I hope) when I'm 42 and I wonder if these things will change. If I will care even less about some things and so much more about others. Or is this the 'me' that my 15-year old self wondered about. Have I arrived at a place that I should get comfortable with? Or should I keep myself braced and ready for more?

No comments: